2006 Accord Rear Ended & damage

This weekend our new 4 door 2006 V6 accord was rear ended at a red light. The other vehicle substained a great deal of damage as compared to our accord. Our rear bumber is slightly damged and the rear quarter
panels behind the rear windows, on both sides of the car, have ~3 inch long small dimples/crinkles. It appears that the rear quater panel was at the beganning stage of crumpling. Not realy noticable but they are present. All the clearances around the doors and rear trunk are fine. We drove away from the accident while the other vehicle was towed. The left muffler appears bent out of place by ~1" from the orginally location. I examed the underside and could not locate any rear damage. No vibration noticed as we finished out our trip of another 300 miles at high and low speeds. I will be taking the vehicle to the shop this week to get an estimate. Any suggestions on what damages that may have occurred? What I should insure that the shop checks? Thanks

Talk to a Honda service at a dealership or better let them look at it. Of course they will tend to exaggerate but at least you will get some laundry list of items to be concerned about. Then you can get a 2nd opinion. Check with your insurance about whether they accept original, oem parts or whatever to replace the damaged parts. Sometimes this comes into play with body shops. No doubt the insurance will only want the type of parts that are cheapest to pay out for.
You want original parts. The estimate will increase as they take it apart.
<rob> wrote in message wrote:

I agree with Rob, You should go the dealer first, get a detailed estimate. Then go to one or two body shops and get their estimates. Ofcourse this will involve some time but atleast you'll know what all needs to be fixed.
hth P
hondas tend to be tough in this department. it is hard to believe but after 3 hondas from various years got involved in rearend i have to believe it. talked to insurance company and they said the same thing honda especially accords are tougher than they look.
camry on the other hand would warrant at least a bumper replacement.