2006 civic coupe

Does anyone have any experience with subject model? r/ Jim

Yes, we've had one for almost 2 months now. Nice looking, fun to drive although the transmission sounds a bit noisy at about 1500 RPM for some reason (going to get it checked on the first service check). MP3 skips occassionally but not often enough to be a serious problem. The premium sound system of the EX is awesome as it adds a subwoofer to the package along with volume, mode & channel buttons on the wheel. Overall I'm very happy with it.Not that it matters (*cough cough yeah right*) ;) but Motor Trend named it their Car of the Year. (http://motortrend.com/features/news/112_news051112_car_of_the_year /)
One minor thing though, models in Canada allready had a recall for possibly faulty installation of the gas pedal. Ours was checked & there was no problem but a recall that soon with a new model is of course somewhat disconcerting. It's just such a fun car to drive it didn't bother me too much!!
(I also tried the Mazda 3 & Corolla before deciding on the Civic)
Paul C. wrote:

A recall so soon is not unusual at all, regardless of the car maker. Because it's a new model, little things like this are likely to pop up.
yes recalls are normal. Worst thing about the new civic is the looks. Definately the ugliest civic yet

Hardly, it's an awesome looking car. Perhaps your eyes need examining :)
Best looking Civic yet IMHO.
G-Man

On 12/7/05 4:16 PM, in article WMqdnfzytaOswgrenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com, "G-Man"

We love ours so far!
I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) I was all set to get the SI, until I saw it... Went for the RSX instead :)

Thanks all for you comments. I think it is a fine looking car but my son agrees with the ugly. Some find form and function attractive I suppose. I intend to buy one I just wanted to make sure there was not in ugly monsters in it's closet. You just can't beat 40mpg! r/ Jim

if I were you I would wait for the 07's. The 06's are the first year of the new design and are bound to have flaws/recalls.