2006 Civic Fuel Mileage

Anyone have any real world numbers for their 2006 Civic fuel mileage?

The brochure says 8.2L/100km city and 5.7L/100km highway. I'm averaging 9.2 ('06 Civic LX - A/T). I even changed my driving habits to try and conserve fuel.

What's everyone else getting?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

hardtstein
36mpg is 6.5L/100km. Maybe there is something wrong with my car.

Reply to
stevemackie

It might also depend on where you live and how you drive. We own 3 cars and the best one, a '97 Toyota Corolla DX 1.8 auto, gets approximately

9.5L/100km city and around 7L/100km highway (at 120-140 km/h).

wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Ghislain

Also, there is 1500km on my car. I live on the coast. Have to let it break in first. ;)

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I have never been so disappointed in a car as I am with my brand new Civic

06 EX. I had owned two Accords prior to this one and took the chance at going a step down to the Civic in order to try and combat the local $3.35 gas prices here in Southern California. Well, the only time I get the stated mileage is when I am in open freeway with no air conditioning on. At that time I get about 40mpg. Turn the air on though and my mileage drops to about 28mpg. Combine that with stop and go traffic and I am lucky to get 26. So, essentially I am averaging about the same as I was with the Accord.

With the Accords I have owned I consistently got between 28 and 33 no matter what kind of conditions, air on or not. Whatsmore, the air conditioning on the Civic leaves a lot to be desired and the AM radio sounds like people are talking into a wet rag.

I do like the design of the Civic, I do like the slightly smaller build, it IS a rather peppy car for its engine size, and I just love the navigation system, but I have never regretted a car purchase in all my 45 years of driving until this one. I WISH I had my Accord back!

Reply to
Jay A

You have to factor in that CA has mostly changed to year-round E15. This knocks down mileage about 10%.

Reply to
rick++

Well that doesn't explain why the Civic really isn't getting any better mileage for me than the Accord did. It does in ONLY one instance...open freeway with no air conditioner on..something's not right!

Reply to
Jay A

My '97 Civic got 26 in town (EPA 33 if I remember right) - my '04 Civic Hybrid gets 33 summer 34 winter in town (epa 48), really pathetic huh?

Reply to
gerald musselman

Well, I don't know..it is so unpredictable. Today I filled up and put in 4 gallons after having gone 140 miles with the air on most of the time, so maybe I am seeing an improvement..I sure hope so.

Reply to
Jay A

I have about 4700 miles on my '06 Civic EX and I get, consistently, 35 mpg on highway driving about 75 mph. The tach is at about 2500 rpm all the time. When driving 65, the tach is at 2000 rpm. Mixed driving drops it to about 32 mpg.

I wish the highway was better, but I guess if I would slow down a bit, I would get better mileage.

I just wish the gas tank was at least 15 gal instead of the 13.2. That would add considerable mileage to each tank full.

Reply to
shitdick

Yup, that's about the mileage I seem to be seeing lately, about 35 highway,

32 mixed. I can get closer to 40 on the highway if I pay attention to my speed and baby the accelerator, but only with no traffic at all and no air conditioner on.

I was thinking the same thing this morning about the fuel tank. I wish it was about 15 gallons.

Reply to
Jay A

Just as an information:

My 1996 Civic gives me 32~35mpg in city during this Summer. Last winter (Waterloo, Canada) it was 25~28mpg.

Jay A wrote:

Reply to
ExtremeValue

So far, 1874kms on the LX's odometer, three tanks of gas, here's the numbers:

9.4L/100km = 25 USMPG 9.0L/100km = 26.1 USMPG 9.7L/100km = 24.4 USMPG

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Yes, as a matter of fact I do drive with the A/C on. I do realize that the A/C comes on with the defrost, however, previous vehicles I have owned did not have such an impact on the fuel economy and I didn't expect this one to be any different.

I have slightly changed my habit and now crack the window rather than having the A/C on. Let's see what happens.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Reply to
Traveller

WTF is that. Use a number people use, like L/100km or USMPG.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I guess "47.6 mpg Canadian" is what USMPG is. MPG can not be different in Canada than in the US.

Reply to
ExtremeValue

It can be different as the OP is probably talking Imperial gallon as opposed to US gallon.

Reply to
Seth

Actually, it is. It's Imperial gallons. Multiply by 0.8 to get U.S. gallons, which in this case would be about 38.8 mpg(U.S.).

Reply to
High Tech Misfit