2006 Civic LX

I am thinking about buying one of these cars. What is the actual dealer's cost with no add-ons? How much can I expect to pay on a cash deal (no trade-in)? Are there any buying tips you can share that will help me make
the best deal possible? Thanks.
www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com
I would contact dealer thru their internet site first and get their price. Wait a few days to see if it goes down in a second email.

http://tinyurl.com/mxrrx
Click this URL, then the TMV pricing report. It's for Edmunds web site, and it should give you everything you need.
Given your zip code, the site will send a request for quotes to dealers in your area. +-----------------------------------------+ | Charles Lasitter | Mailing/Shipping | | 401/728-1987 | 14 Cooke St | | cl+at+ncdm+dot+com | Pawtucket RI 02860 | +-----------------------------------------+

Check Edmunds for the TMV price -- price most people are paying in your area.
Good rule of thumb is get the salesdick's best price and offer him $500 less.

Does the dealer really have that much margin on a car with an MSP of $17, 310? Edmunds lists the invoice at $15, 835.
I've seen dealers that claim to sell cars "at or below invoice". They make it sound like they are giving them away. There's very little chance of that...LOL!!! I've heard of something called a "hold back". It's extra money that the dealer gets from the manufacturer when they sell a car.
What I'm trying to figure out is how low they can go and still make a decent profit. That's what I mean by "the best deal possible". There doesn't seem to be a lot of wiggle room here, unless I'm missing something. I understand why these numbers are a closely guarded secret but it would be very helpful to be armed with the facts before making a deal. Surely someone has a good idea of just how low they can go before they start to lose money. Anyone care enlighten me on this?

Winston Smith wrote:

the number can change often, too. theres holdback, then there are other incentives that arent advertised either.
american honda motor corp might go through the numbers tomorrow and decide there are too many 4dr accord dx's in inventory and in the pipeline, and offer their dealers a better deal to move em. might just happen in one region, too.
they arent going to call edmunds and tell em, though.
Thanks Mike. Good advice. :-)

Today I got the car I was looking for and, IMO, at a fair price. Thanks again to everyone for your help.

Winston Smith wrote:

www.edmunds.com www.kbb.com www.costco.com
Your best bet is to e-mail every dealer around asking for their best price for the car that you want. Then play one against the other for a couple of days. Then go see the one that gave you the best price, w/ your e-mail from them w/ the price that they quoted. Keep your colors open and you will be able to get a better deal. Some areas have an abundance of one or two colors and they price them lower than other colors.
I just bought an EX 4DR w/ cargo net for $ 18,200. Way below what the TMV is reported as on Edmonds.com. Right after the sale closed, they noticed that it also had fog lights & a day/night mirror. So I guess you could say I got it for a steal. Another dealer that I was dealing with dropped their price for the same options in a different color to $18,163 but I didn't think it was worth $ 17 to leave one dealer and start the whole process over at another dealer after spending 3 hours at the first one.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.