2006 Civic LX mpg

Just got back from a Tennessee-Minnesota roundtrip.

2006 Honda Civic LX, MT, now with ~4500 miles on it. Almost all driving with A/C.

Highest mpg: 42.09 -- Freeway + some town driving, avg 60mph.

Lowest: 37.37 -- Freeway, avg 70-75 mph. Ethanol "enhanced" gas. The next tankfull was without ethanol: 39.51mpg.

I'm very happy with this. The car is still pretty new; when does the mpg usually top out?

--Nan

Reply to
nblomgren

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:33:30 -0500, nblomgren shared her MPG info on her LX:

May I please answer you question with one. I just bought one (AT) Still on first tank of gas. In view of the MMT warning by Honda and their Top Tier gas emphasis, have you gone out of your way to pick a certain brand of gasoline; which one?

Reply to
Roy Starrin

I just go with whatever's handy, usually the Shell station near the house or the BP near where I work. I'll usually avoid the independents, because of a bad experience with tainted gasoline a couple of decades ago.

My understanding is that MMT isn't widely used, mainly because it can have effects on many newer engines from a range of companies, but I haven't followed the issue closely.

--Nan

Reply to
nblomgren

And as far as the Top Tier gas, when I bought the Civic, the Honda dealership gave me a $100 gas card from....

Exxon/Mobil, which isn't on the list.

--Nan

Reply to
nblomgren