2006 Civic Pictures

In case anyone is interested, here are some pictures of the 06 Civic. Not conecpt pictures, but actual pictures of the 2006 Civics.
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots/Spy_Shots_06_Honda_Civics.S178.A8842.html

Sedan looks like a Saturn.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots/Spy_Shots_06_Honda_Civics.S178.A8842.html
That's the first thing I was thinking. It looks like a ion Saturn car.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots/Spy_Shots_06_Honda_Civics.S178.A8842.html
Sounds like the Civic SI will be a replacement for the Prelude -- 6 spd and 200 hp. But, I would guess that the ADM will put the price at around 24k.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots/Spy_Shots_06_Honda_Civ ics.S178.A8842.html
They have ruined what was a very decent looking compact sedan. Actually, a Saturn Ion looks BETTER than the 2006 Civic sedan. And the Chevy Cobalt sedan looks better than either one of them. I'd be suspect of the Cobalt's downstream reliability though.
Ron M.

Oh yeah. It's STILL a GM product. Not as bad as Ford, but close.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

My #2 son bought a Cobalt a few months ago (not his first choice, but he could get a better price on a Chevy than on anything else and money was tight) so we shall see. At 5K miles there are a few things to fix under warranty, including a clunk in the steering. Hmm.
Mike
It is probably a minor lubrication issue. Stick with the car and you will enjoy it. Civics have their share of problems: anemic engine performance, outdated styling, overstated gas mileage unless you drive like grandpa and astronomical insurance in many places.
A year has made a lot of changes. GM tops industry reliability now. Best built cars include Buick, Malibu, Cadillac. I am not sure if Honda models made the top 10.
On 2 Aug 2005 04:35:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

Once again, try reading. While your at it, look up the word "research"...oh, that is if you know how to use a dictionary...
He's a troll. Don't feed him.

They can't do better than that ?! The Civic is in major need of a good overhaul of design. It does not need a look Saturn and Acura came up with some years ago. By the way, are they addressing the underpowered 85-140 hp engine selections?
Acura is Honda by the way. Is a 200HP 1.8 Litre, non turbo 4 cylinder good enough for you?
And I'm not sure what your smoking but the base civic currently has 115HP, not 85, and next year the base will have 140HP

Civic is not an Acura ($30K+++). The base does come in at only 115 hp, which is still far below the competition typically at 150-200 hp.
Jamco wrote:

Funny, my 98 civic with 106 BHp with 140000 miles on it smokes the shit out of the 'powerful' 2.2 and 2.4 liter cavaliers. And the neons don't even bother trying, they know they suck.
Have you even driven a Honda? If so, do you know how to drive? Its called a 4 cylinder, try reving it up sometime. my civic redlines at 7100 rpms. what does a cavalier do, like 4800?
And yes, Acura is a higher end branded honda. Maybe try reading a book sometime.