2006 Civic Sedan - Blinking Red light

I tried RTFM and I will accept that I'm dumb, because I could not find anything directly relevant. The Audio system anti-theft light blinks every 2 seconds when the car
is unattended. Isn't that a bit much? Can I turn it off? I'm sure if I could get the service manual I might find out, but apparently that document will never exist for the owner.
Roy Starrin wrote:

it's supposed to do that - part of the "theft deterrent" system.

no. the current drawn by the led on a 2s cycle is trivial - less than the ecu on standby.

no. even if you replace the stereo, chances are, it too has a standby load, and i doubt it will be less than the drain caused by your blinking led. a non-blinking stereo is much more likely to be stolen.

The service manuals are available at www.helminc,com

No. The service manuals are NOT available from Helminc/ When you go to the spot to order, what is printed is the following:
2006 Civic 2/4-Door Service Manual (KA)     Price: $75.00 Item temporarily unavailable. The item will be available on 10/9/06. Click here if you would like to be notified when this item becomes available.
This has been going on since last June when I bought the car. The only thing that changes is the date, but it doesn't make any difference because I have repeatedly clicked and filled in my address and have never been notified of availability. The last time I called Honda corporate in L.A. they hadn't a clue as to when it would be available.
Now---You were saying?!?!?
A peice of black adhesive electrical tape will solve your problem, stick it over the LED.