2006 Civic SI Announcement

I received an e-mail from Honda today announcing that the new SI is now available at my local dealer. What a laugh! My local dealer tells me they are expecting exactly one at the end of Jan 06 and another at the end of March. They are both sold and will go out the day they arrive. I was told that if I wanted want one, I would have to put up $1,000 deposit and maybe June/July 06. The reason -- the car will be scarce since it is limited production. It would be easier to find a S2000 (in fact he has 3 on the lot). It appears to me that the RSX S would be a better bet if you are in the market for a performance coupe. For myself, I am perfectly happy with my 01 Prelude that is just barely broken in at 60k miles.

Reply to
TWW

Will the dealer sell at MSRP? MSRP ended up being pretty low, not in the market this year but will consider it for MY06 or 07.

Reply to
MAT

seeing as there are so few of them, they will probably raise the price :)

Reply to
James

I could not get a price, but MRSP is a good guess at the minimum. What is amazing is that at least two people here and possibly more are buy a car without even a test drive. That's something I just won't do.

Reply to
TWW