2006 Civic Si pricing scheme

smoke and mirrors

you negotiate on clothing? no

you negotiate on most consumer purchases? no

you comparing apples to apples? no

Reply to
Elbert

So you don't want to negotiate for your purchases.

Which leads me back to the question I asked, which you never answered: why aren't you buying Saturn?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Is that your world? All black and white? EVERY car salesman is a slimeball.

So let me ask you: when he moves to selling men's shirts in the department store, is he still a slimeball?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"by tacking on extreme profit"?

You don't get out much, do you?

The invoice number is pure fantasy. The sticker number is pure fantasy. The car is worth what someone will pay for it, period. The dealer finds that number as best he can. His job is not to leave money on the table.

That's his JOB.

If someone is willing to pay $26,000 for an Si, why shouldn't the dealer get that?

Who *cares* what the sticker says? It's all fantasy, and has nothing to do with the selling price.

You're just an idiot who doesn't like to negotiate, who thinks that everything should be black-and-white on pricing.

How do you buy a house, anyway? I guess it doesn't matter, since you don't have enough money to buy one or income to support it.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

But going the other way is OK with you, I suppose.

It's OK for GM to offer $15K in "discounts" and "rebates" on slow selling, overpriced, leather-bound trucks, right?

You've just shown yourself. You'll be happy to BE the slimeball who won't pay the sticker price but demands $15K UNDER--gee, after all, that's just what that truck is worth, it was "overpriced" to begin with, right?--but you don't like OTHERS to be the "slimeballs" who charge OVER that fantasy sticker price if that's what the car is worth.

So why aren't you railing at everyone for not buying those GM trucks at sticker price? After all, isn't that how the consumer knows what the value of the car is? Why are those consumers leaving those cars on the lot in droves, forcing GM to come up with these huge rebates? Isn't the sticker price the value of the car?

Yer an idiot.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

my last comment to you is this.... Get a clue!

Reply to
Elbert

Your own words reveal you for what you are.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty