2006 Civic Si pricing scheme

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

They're not shysters, period....some salesmen are, but many are not.
The fact that it's up to YOU to determine whether he's a shyster or not is what bugs you, I think. You want not to have to work at it. You want it handed to you in a "fair" manner ("fair" being what YOU think is fair).
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 05:58:34 -0500, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

a "slime-ball" is a slime-ball no matter what spin you put on the situation.
How about the repair person who came out to your house and marked up the repair bill by $400... just because he could. Maybe he too, is a good business person, using your logic.
--
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net
remove ** to email

Is that your world? All black and white? EVERY car salesman is a slimeball.
So let me ask you: when he moves to selling men's shirts in the department store, is he still a slimeball?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If he can get $6K over invoice for every car for the next month or two, then yes--giving it to you for $5K over invoice is a deal.
And what's with your focus in invoice price? You have this number in your head as a holy grail, as if it means something. Guess what? It doesn't. It's a fake number that has nothing to do with what the dealer paid for the car. Anymore, it's a number designed to satisfy people like you in some fashion, people who think they have to know what the dealer paid for the car and go from there--people who think that somehow that's the only "fair" way to do things.
So now, the actual dealer price is hidden so well you'll never know it or see it. The "invoice" price is what the magician shows you in one hand while he's busy hiding things with the other hand.
Meanwhile, you walk into a department store and happily buy a shirt without knowing what the store paid for it. So who's ripping you off now?
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:01:15 -0500, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

smoke and mirrors
you negotiate on clothing? no
you negotiate on most consumer purchases? no
you comparing apples to apples? no
--
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net
remove ** to email

So you don't want to negotiate for your purchases.
Which leads me back to the question I asked, which you never answered: why aren't you buying Saturn?

unfortunitely it's supply and demand, lots of people want the SI and there are few of them around, not trying (by any means) to defend a dealer, but if you have 1 HOT car on the lot that everyone wants, why are you going to sell it for less than sticker, they are going ot try and get as much as possible for it. I'm sure the 5,000 above MSRP you were quoted was the dealer seeing dollar signs, and him "comming down" to 2,000 over MSRP is him "giving you a deal" (the old, hey, I like your face, tell you what I'll do, I'll come down 3,000 form my price, but thats the best I can do) and if you walk out, he'll sell it to someone else. espically if he's getting multiple calls on this car, and they have 1 with another not comming in for a while.