2006 CR-V Brake Pad...CERAMIC ?

Are the 2006 CR-V brake pads (front and rear) ceramic, or semi- metallic, or ?
Is there a recommended alternate brand for the OEM pads from the Honda
dealership, or should I just go to the dealer and buy what they have ?
On 03/07/2010 06:46 AM, Zorro_2k wrote:

buy oem. buy online oem if you don't like your local dealer price. oem honda pads are very fade resistant, about the same price as aftermarket, come with all the shims you need, and a little sachet of anti-squeal. and they don't wreck your disk or create too much brake dust.
if you absolutely /have/ to go aftermarket, akebono ceramics are good.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

I have heard that Honda uses relatively soft pads and rotors to keep noise down and that you shouldn't use ceramic pads.
On 10/04/2010 07:04 PM, snipped-for-privacy@nada.com wrote:

where did you "hear" this from??? clearly not from anyone who actually knows what they're talking about or you wouldn't be wrong on both counts.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum