2006 Honda Accord Prices paid and buying experience

I'm looking to buy a 2006 Honda Accord LX (4 cyl) soon and I would like to know the prices any of you in this forum paid for LX (and other models like EX etc) and your buying experience.

it pretty close to the invoice price.
check www.edmunds.com and www.kbb.com
Just bought a 2005 Accord Hybrid. No one knows when the 2006 will be available. Got about 2900 off although there was a $400 doc fee and I know there was a $1200 Honda to dealer incentive at the end of the year.

well, to give you some sort of idea, I got an 06 accord sedan (EX-L with navigation) for 24,800 (including dest. charge and rear wing spoiler installed) the Doc. fee was very reasonable (75 bucks) and no insaine charges added on. invoice on this car was slightly under 24,000 (with no spoiler, msrp on the wing was about 500 bucks) so givin that I paid close to invoice for the car (a few hundred over) I'd say your best bet is to get a quote from www.carsdirect.com and go from there, also call a few places (I called 2 or 3 different ones to get my quote down before I even stepped in the dealership) just make sure you:
1) Always negociate the PRICE of the car fist (make sure you say including destination charge) don't fall into the trap "what are you looking to make for payments?"
2) if possible, handle your car price, trade in and financing seperately (and from 3 different places if possible)
3) NEVER take the first offer, (or 2nd or 3rd for that matter)
4) good luck, some people hate the car buying experiance, I find it to be a fun game, because you havea ll the power of just getting up and walking out, and believe me the salesmen (or woman) and sales manager DON'T want that
-Nick
I would add if you hate negotiating just go the the dealers web site and try their process for internet buying. You can start the process from www.edmunds.com
You will get pretty close to your lowest price that way.

I just did this morning and have been getting quotes from 4 dealers. It is indeed a nice way to gauge typical selling prices. The Accord is selling a little above the invoice while the Civics are going only a little below MSRP.

yeah, it's honestly (in this mans opinion) a better buy to go for the accord, you get a lot mroe for your money, and the civic is such a hot seller right now it's hard to get a GREAT deal on them
I agree. In fact consider a left over Accord Hybrid if there are any 2005's around in your area. Gas is supposed to go up again.

Art wrote:

A 4-cylinder Accord would be a much better investment. The Hybrid's gas mileage isn't overly better than the 4-cylinder version and is not worth the extra cost to buy it.
OP was interested in other models. My only point was that if considering a high end 6 cylinder 2006 you might be able to get 2005 hybrid for same or less and save on gas.

Art wrote:

But nobody specified V6. In fact, the OP stated that he was looking to buy a 4-cylinder. Again, the Accord Hybrid's gas mileage is not much better than the regular 4-cylinder version. Even a leftover 2005 Hybrid will probably still cost significantly more than a new Accord 4-cylinder and still somewhat more than a new Accord V6. Unless you do A LOT of driving, especially in the city, it is highly unlikely that the savings in refueling costs will offset the extra costs of purchasing the Hybrid.
To beat a dead horse he wrote:
"I'm looking to buy a 2006 Honda Accord LX (4 cyl) soon and I would like to know the prices any of you in this forum paid for LX (and other models like EX etc) and your buying experience."
The operate phrase is "and other models like EX etc"

Art wrote:

It still does NOT automatically imply that he would consider a V6. The EX can also be had with a 4-cylinder. Please, Art, know the facts first.
Art wrote:

I just got quoted $26,114 (including destination) for a EX V6 with Navi (Sedan).