2006 Pilot Brake Sliding Pins

Just serviced the pilot brakes for the first time. Noticed that the inner pad wore faster that outer on passenger's side. Tried to take out sliding pins. One came out easily. The one with a rubber ring at
the tip took quite some force. It would appear that the rubber ring has swollen for some reason and it seals the sliding pin hole with force. Not sure why it did that since the lubrican is the original from factory (This is my first brake service). I could file down the rubber, to make it fit more loose, or I could take if off permanently. Does anyone know what is its purpose?
highkm wrote:

I would not modify the part. If it is defective, pick up a new one at a dealer. You really do not want to play amateur development engineer on your brakes.
highkm wrote:

Don't delete any parts. (HONDA never puts in anything that's not necessary). If the slider pin is corroded and wont' fit, replace it. SEARCH google (possibly google groups) for 'honda slider pins' and you'll find LOTS of info. Be sure to use the correct lube or you'll have similar troubles in the future. See also www.tegger.com for how to fix RUSTY brakes. Your diagrams and part numbers are at www.slhondaparts.com
Mentioning your location and mileage would be a great help too.
'Curly'