2007 Accord SE

Never met a honda that wont get you from a to b just fine, and it does sound like a great price! I would go for it if I was looking for a car!

Go for it!

Good Luck!

Reply to
Chazg32

Very good price.

I have the EX, lease was based on sales price of I dunno, about $21,500 I think, NOT including sales tax.

Are you certain it's not a demo with 10k hard miles?

J.

Reply to
JXStern

Possibly. More likely he needs to feel that the extra money he spent, and continues to spend, on the V6 was worth it. Calling the I4 a "buzzy little engine that puts your life in jeopardy" shows that he is a little desperate. I am starting to doubt that he has actually driven a 4 cyl. Accord.

Reply to
Truckdude

No, I did-- twice, and really found it noisy and under powered....though I will admit to a bit of purple prose/exaggeration in my earlier post.

I sprang for the extra dough for the six because it really has a nice punch to it. Reminds me of the zip that cars had when I was growing up back in the pre emission-crippled engines of the 50's and 60's.

Reply to
Joseph Wheeler

Reply to
Dana

Reply to
Dana

You get the 4 on the cam and it goes from 30 to 80 in about five seconds, with the clean-air delays they program into these things, you can't do a lot better with the six.

Have you driven the current 4's?

I have maybe one or two occassions per year when I wish I had some more zoom, but I'm really not certain that even the 6 has what I'd want on those rare occassions. Now, make it a 4-liter 8, and let me deprogram that stupid computer, and just maybe I'd suck up the difference in mileage, for a little fun now and again.

Until the cops convinced me otherwise, which I'm very much afraid they would in short order. Which is yet another reason I stay with the 4.

J.

Reply to
JXStern

"JXStern" wrote

Listen...you know what I do?

I have the 190 hp automatic 4 cyl. ( '08 Accord EX ) and when I am ready for some power from the engine, I throw it down into D3...nice instant power without the "lag" when you put your foot on the gas hard. It definately helps the performance of the engine in these situations, trust me.

Try D3 and see if you like doing it that way when you can...hell, thats why its there to begin with :)

Peace, Polfus

Reply to
Polfus

You need to drive mine. We took our first real road trip today, with all kinds of speeds and traffic conditions, where I had to get on the gas pedal occasionally. Now I am really sure that you are full of it and need justification for your extra outlay.

Reply to
Truckdude

Sure, I do much the same just by tapping the gas in anticipation of accelerating to get a downshift. But sometimes you don't have the time ...

J.

Reply to
JXStern