2007 AccordEX V-6 6-Spd MT w/ XM Radio Sedan

Greets,
I just purchased a 2007 Accord EX V-6 6-Spd MT w/ XM Radio Sedan, and I noticed that the motor is ultra rough when I turn the vehicle off. Is this
normal when they are new? It is hard to explain the "roughness", but my 2000 EX V-6 did not exhibit this behavior.
FWIW, the car is in neutral when I turn the ignition off. Other than that, it is VERY FUN to drive and I think I made a great choice in a cross between something sporty and practical. I smoked a new Nissan Maxima when I drove the Accord off of the lot, so I am happy with its performance.
Now my gripe... Why in the hell did Honda not include MP3 capabilities in its in dash head unit? Even the freaking Ford Focus has MP3 abilities.
Gunz4Me wrote:

please explain - how can a motor that's switched off be rough?

try not to "smoke" the motor too much when new. read the owner manual for run-in instructions. read the owner manual, period.

it's the only thing frod /can/ do - frod buyers don't buy based on technology or superiority of product - they buy based on the freakin' stero - go figure.

I interpret his statement to mean "gives a hard shake when it's turned off".
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Yep that is it. It doesn't always do it, though.

Hard shake of the vehicle. I am not used to that.

hard to resist.

Honda used to sell a MP3/WMA deck to add to the factory radio. I don't know if this option exists for the 2007 model??

What type of roughness?

This could explain the roughness.

Don't like the stereo? Don't buy the car.

I'm curious why you think yoiu have to tell us it has XM Radio.

Because XM is so freaking good he can't live without it.

think I will LOVE XM on my trip from Louisiana to Florida next weekend! I discovered the Boneyard, and haven't tuned off of it since.