2007 CRV

I was looking at the new CRV and really like the rear door that opens upward rather than sideways. In general the vehicle looks more polished. I was however disappointed that they have kept the same
engine. That engine while good for reliability still requires the expensive timing belt service. With the increase in vehicle weight and the 2.4L engine only managing 160 HP at a fairly high rpm. The performance numbers demonstrate its mediocre power. The CRV is under powered when compared to the others in its class i.e. Subaru, Toyota and the new Mitsubishi. Maybe next year they will upgrade ?

The 2.2L diesel that they use in the UK would be a smash hit here in the good old USA. 260 ftlbs of torque would really make the CRV jump off the line. Plus getting 30% better milage.
Lynn
Yes Lynn. Give me a 2.2 L Diesel or even a small 2.5-2.7 L V6 or I6 engine.

Edward Hayes wrote:

I'm pretty sure that engine is chain-driven.
I think you are right. I have the 2.4L in an '04 Accord, and its got a timing chain.

If you take the engine head cover off, you'll see that it's a chain. It is the same engine that's been in an Accord since 2003. Even Honda mechanics don't know that it's a chain.... Scarry.
Cheers.