2007 Honda CRV won't hold a charge

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 02:38:41 +0000, Tony Hwang wrote:

dealer had already replaced the battery....
Do you still think it's the battery?
As I've been saying all along, it's the alternator. Thanks for playing.

Dan C wrote:

Hi, You are not reading my post well either. I covered most of everything. Usually battery is the first thing they replace without good reason. When I investigated swapped out batteries, almost 80% was in good shape. My brother(chemistry major) once worked in Exide battery plant. We talked a lot about batteries. I live in very cold climate. Keeping a car in good running order is a matter of life and dead in winter time.
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:58:59 +0000, Tony Hwang wrote:

I am reading your posts just fine. You are lacking in comprehension.

OK, this may be true. However................................. since they have *already* replaced the battery, and the problem is still there, it's *NOT* the battery causing the problem!!!!!!! Why can't you understand this???

Whatever. Completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Same problem on my wife's '07 Odyssey. First time was when it was parked at the airport for 7 days during the summer. 2nd time was last week when we returned after only being gone 5 days.
This morning my wife took it to the dealer and he said it was "normal". Service writer said the "higher demands of the ECU drain the battery quicker".
Tomorrow I am going to call him and if he sticks to that story I'll call Honda regional and see what they have to say. The service writers answer basically translates to "if you drive an Odyssey, you can't go on vacation".

What BS;if the car is OFF,the ECU is not doing anything. No "higher demands".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Don R wrote:

Hi, Why dealership? Anyone can do this test with a small 12V bulb if neter is nat handy.

Just an update. It seems they have found a phantom load that is discharging the battery but they have yet to figure out exactly what it is. Since all items are Honda installed and supplied they can't blame it on anything else. The new battery (3 weeks old) is fine and they report the alternator is fine as well.

Ask them if they checked for stuck relays.