2007 XM radio

Does anyone else think it's crazy that my dealer wants $650 to install the XM tuner and antenna in my new Odyssey? There are currently no after market tuners that interface correctly. I could replace the
entire factory radio with a Kenwood radio along with the XM or Sirius tuner for under $400. Go figure!
On Mar 29, 6:12 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sounds like a supply and demand issue. Could you possibly buy the parts from Honda and install it yourself? Or would you mind replacing the Kenwood radio? One point to consider, though...I looked into replacing my Ody head unit, but nothing that Best Buy, Circuit City, or Crutchfield.com carried would still work with the rear DVD/stereo combination: no audio would be available through the wireless headphones, from the radio or the DVD player.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Link. I ended up going with a Blitzsafe IPOD adapter for a whopping $96 and installed it myself.
At least you can replace your radio because if I replace mine, I will lose the dual climate controls and no one makes an aftermarket dual climate control adapter (grr). Also, I hear the Metra dual to single climate control panel doesn't work properly, so that rules out dumping the factory radio in my 2007 Honda Accord for the time being.