2008 Accord

Page 1 of 2
http://automobiles.honda.com/2008-accord/?modelname ¬cord+coupe

Add pictures here
βœ–
phew!Ok,nice looking car but I like my 07 sedan better.The horses increased in the 4's and the 6's however.Now that I wouldn't mind.

Add pictures here
βœ–

The horsepower bump is nice.
But the sedan is butt-ugly-- looks like it was designed by some 20-something California surfer boy with body-piercings and flames painted on the side of his computer case....
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Slacker" wrote

As they say, there's "no accounting for taste." I like how it looks, and like it better than any of the '03's through '07's. This is why there are so many different brands and models.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I'm in the same boat as you. I kind of like it. I'll have to reserve judgment until I see it in person though. I didn't care for the new MDX in pictures, but loved it when I saw it in person.

Add pictures here
βœ–

Look at that rear quarter panel and bumper-- they look like they were fabricated with a dull axe then shaped with a sledge hammer and a piece of 2x4. The lower lip on the front bumper looks like the lower lip on Bubba from Forest Gump-- and groove above it was shaped by hitting it with a 2 inch steel pipe. Finally, the tilted beltline looks like the designer was half snorked when he drew it.....and it cuts right through the fuel door. Sheez!!
Add pictures here
βœ–
I would need to see the actual car. As was already mentioned by another poster, there's no accounting for taste. I won't bore you with a list of cars that I've seen(and in some cases bought) that looked quite different when seen in person--some better, some worse. Not a good idea to be guided by a picture. I do agree that the increased hp (and displacement) is a plus but even there, the new numbers on paper may not produce the expected performance improvement--got to see it in person.
Ken
Slacker wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

The belt line is straight from the Acura TL...but I'll bet that running it though the fuel door added at least 200 to the cost. The should have adapted the Coupe front facia to the Sedan, rather than having that lower prutruding 'chin'. I've been anticipating the arrival of these 08's....I hope the are more appealing on the lot than in these pics...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Here's a question for everyone: would you forego a great car because its styling didn't appeal to you? When I first saw the new generation Civic of 1996, I hated it. I bought a '97, anyway. Did I like the '03 Accord? Not at all. I bought an '04, anyway.... I still don't care for the styling, but for me it's a great car. (I admit I had considered the '04 Camry, but I didn't like ITS styling, either!)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:49:40 -0700

I wouldn't buy a car if I didn't like the way it looked. There are too many good choices out there to compromise. If Honda's not making anything I like, I have no problem buying a Toyota or a Nissan. I'd even buy an American car if the deal was right. I mean, hell, I have had nothing but long-term problems with Chrysler products, but now with a lifetime Powertrain warranty, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if it fit my needs. Especially if I were buying new and only expecting to keep it for 5 or 6 years...
--
Joe - Registered Linux User #449481

βœ–
wrote

Yes...but I find that after seeing them for awhile, getting used to them on the road and seeing them 'in context' with others, cars that initially might not appeal to me suddenly may...and v.v.
Regardless, since my local dealer will be selling the new Accord at MSRP..no bump-up (I asked directly about this last weekend) I would wait until December 27th-30th to purchase, if I were going to. Probably, I would wait a year or two, if I could. When I bought my '01 Civic EX Coupe in 12/00, I got it at invoice ($ 14,895). But that first year it did not come 'stock ' with the nice wheels, and two years later they made minor changes to the body which I really preferred to mine ( tail-lights, bumpers, etc. )
Add pictures here
βœ–
Slacker wrote:

Compared to a 2007/8 Toyota Camry it is a great looking car.
Add pictures here
βœ–

What happened to the crew who designed the slick, sleek Civic? Must have dumped them for the ones who threw the Accord design together.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Damn. That concept version was a hell of a lot better. I just knew it would be no where near that, but I did not expect this. At least my 2005 won't look corny next to this one like I thought it would for the concept.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I would guess that 177 hp I4 will allow regular and get about the same mileage as the current I4. The question is whether the 190 hp I4 will perform at the same level of efficiency as the current I and on regular. Doubt it. My old 01 Prelude with the 2.2 I4 at 195/200 hp required premium.
Add pictures here
βœ–
tww1491 wrote:

I suspect that the 190 hp I4 is very similar to the 205 hp I4 of the present US market TSX, but perhaps on regular instead of premium fuel.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Probably didn't "require" premium -- except to be able to claim the advertised horsepower.
Add pictures here
βœ–
said:

....or to prevent knocking/preignition which if frequent can cause piston damage....
Add pictures here
βœ–

....which is why they have engine controls to detect and prevent that...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Keep wasting your money so you can get to 60 mph a tenth of a second faster. It's all marketing, my friend.
Add pictures here
βœ–