2008' Accord, Changing headlight bulbs.

Page 2 of 2

OTOH, a lot of people take their cars for oil changes and I am always surprised how few do their own brakes. I changed the headlights in my daughter's other car, a 2004 Malibu (her husband is now the main driver of the Honda [eek!]). I didn't look to see if the procedure was in the owner's manual (I am not the owner) but it was in the Chilton's. First step: remove the bolts that hold the light assembly to access the bulbs. Last step: re-aim the headlights. My wife would change fuses but would never wrestle with headlights, on the road or in the garage. If she didn't have a mechanic at home she would take it to a shop. The headlights in her Prius are like those in the Malibu: inaccessible until the headlight assembly is removed. There are indeed instructions in the owner's manual - three pages of them. Well, I'll be!
Mike

replacement of those sealed beams was so easy and obvious. The ones I did, on several cars, required removing 3 or 4 screws on the rim, popping a new bulb in the socket, and replacing the rim and screws. I'm no ace mechanic, but I didn't really need to look that one up.
As for the sealed beam topic, I think the newer lights are much brighter and more efficient, and to build them into sealed beams would be significantly more expensive than making them in pieces as they now do.
mg