2008' Accord, Changing headlight bulbs.

Leftie wrote in news:cIqnl.19385$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe18.iad:

What you're wishing for is not specifically sealed beams. You want lens/reflector assemblies that can be easily removed towards the front so the bulbs are easier to get at.

Hey, here's an idea I think is a wonderful one: Arrange the lamps such that you'd undo a couple of clips and the lamp assembly would slide out towards the front and off the car. Maybe mount the electrical connector such that seating the lamp all the way home automatically reconnects it. Bulb replacement then would be, as the British say, a doddle. This would be even easier than the old sealed-beam mounting method, and would also allow continued use of aerodynamic lamps.

Reply to
Tegger

"Pszemol" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@poczta.onet.pl:

I've just had a look at two old Owner's Manuals I have: The 1975 Toyota Corolla (7" round sealed beams), and the 1981 Corolla (large rectangular sealed beams).

The '75 manual describes -- both in text and pictures -- headlamp replacement. The '81 manual mentions the headlamps not at all. Weird, huh?

Reply to
Tegger