2008 Accord Lease Deals??

I noticed on the Honda site, lease deals for the Accord EX, LX and LX-P. I thought this was unusual for a new model. Is the new Accord moving slowly
perhaps?
tww1491 wrote:

If you go to the Honda website, and find the company info, you should be able to find a press release that shows the sales of all the Honda models (by model). That would answer your question.
Jeff

Sales for the Accord in Dec were up around 4%. The Civic was quite a bit higher -- and, of course, it is an older model. I would say that the 4% and perhaps lower so far this month may have precipitated the lease deals I mentioned.

I have seen quite a few recently, which is surprising, considering how ugly it is.
Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 06:52:59 -0800 (PST), Dano58

You're right. I just got to see one (all white 4 door) close up while driving (it was in the next lane in Austin, Texas) and I was really surprised how ugly it was. This surprised me since I saw pics and didn't think it was ugly from them. My daughter made me laugh when she said it looked like an American car. For me, it looked like a Saturn from the side.
tww1491 wrote:

Go to a dealer, negotiate the price of the car, then tell them you want to lease it at that selling price. Don't mind what they advertise.....

we might think about a Civic or a Fit later this year as an around-town alternative for my wife to use instead of her 03 Pilot. Generally, when Honda comes out with a new model, the dealers around here (and I suspect elsewhere) add ADM $s to the new models or at least you will pay list. This does not seem to be the case with the new Accord. Of course, the sagging economy may be starting to be a factor.
tww1491 wrote:

I've found that there are certain times they are more willing to deal than others, such as the end of the month, end of a quarter, end of the year etc.
I'm sure you are right, that the state of the economy will pare down their sales somewhat, and they will be more willing to deal.

Honda leases are normally handled by American Honda Financial, and they set the rates and special deals.
If a buyer can find his own leasing company, then other arrangements may be possible.

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,
Larry in AZ wrote:

The ultimate purchased cost of a leased vehicle can be negotiated. Some dealers are more willing to do so than others. From their prospective, it is no different then the sale of a vehicle. I have leased Jeep Grand Cherokees in the past (3 of them), and that is handled through Chrysler Financial, and I have always negotiated the price of the vehicle first.

It's not that it's no different; the fact is, the dealership IS selling the vehicle. Period.
Dealerships don't lease vehicles. They sell vehicles.
They may sell the vehicle to an individual owner, or they may sell it to a leasing company.
The dealership may work as an agent for the leasing company it's selling the car to, or it may not.
Either way, the car has a selling price. Period.
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

And that is determined via the negotiation of said price.

Yep. The rest is just terms and conditions, and interest rate.

Honda Financial doesn't deal. They're pretty much "take it, or leave it".

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,

That's likely to be the case.
But there are dozens of third party leasing companies out there.
A lease is not magic. A lease is really just a loan, with smaller monthly payments and a balloon payment at the end. The dealer will sell the car to any interested party. The dealer doesn't care if that's the end user or if it's a leasing company.
It's also not covered by the same consumer lending laws that cover a conventional finance agreement--and the lenders love that. They get flexibility with a lease that they don't have with a loan. By "flexibility" I mean "ability to screw the guy who made the mistake of entering into a lease agreement with us".
Larry in AZ wrote:

That has to do with their standard practices of price negotiations with customers, or rather, their belief that they don't need to, which will change with economic conditions and decrease in market share.
Back in '02, they negotiated plenty for a Civic EX that I purchased. It was the end of the month, quarter and year, and I was already on my way across the street to the Toyota dealer when they came back with the offer that I accepted.

Every deal they make is special, and it's always top-drawer for you!