2008 Civic EX

Stock 4 cyl automatic, what is the top speed of my car? I've searched the internet and none of the car reviews show the number...I'm guessing 115 but don't feel like finding out myself.

Reply to
KernelDebugger

Found this...

Stewart

If you don't feel like finding it out for yourself, why do you care? These days, for most cars, the top speed of a car is not determined by the potential performance of the engine and the aerodynamics of the car, rather it is programed into the computer by the vehicle's manufacturer.

Car and Driver did a comparison test involving a 2007 Honda Civic and listed the top speed as 125 mph, governor limited (see

or
). Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

It's not imperative that I know the top speed of my Civic EX, certainly not worth the risk of encountering the Nevada HP as I go screaming down the highway at 115 plus. Isn't that what car reviews are for? For example, my Avalon has a top speed of 139, governor limited, so I don't need to find that out the hard way. I am pleasantly surprised with the Civic's performance on the highway, it trots right up to 100 and wasn't breathing hard...so the natural question is, how fast will this thing go. It sucks in city traffic, especially here in the gently rolling hills when I have to get around grandma in the Monfort lane. You do know what the Monfort lane is, don't you?

> or
).>

Reply to
KernelDebugger