2009 CRV Brake Pedal Squeak

Over the past two weeks or so, the brake pedal is squeaking when depressed. It is most noticeable when pressed hard and quick. Press softly and there is no noise. Brakes work fine so far as I can tell. No odor of brake fluid.

Any thoughts?

Reply to newsgroup.

Thanks, Quigley

Reply to
QuestionQuigley

Do you mean the brake pedal itself or coming from the brakes at the wheels? I'm going to assume you mean the brakes at the wheels. My first notion is to say brake pads are wearing and need replacing. My next notion is to say to clean the brakes and see if it still happens. Now if it's the brake pedal itself, don't know.

Reply to
Observer

Thanks for your response. The squeaking is at the pedal itself and sounds like it is inside the car. I haven't looked at the pedal yet since I am adverse to hanging off the seat upside-down at my age. I'm wondering if there is a rubber boot around something and that is what is making the noise.

Reply to
QuestionQuigley

I can't be of much help in this case but I too once had a brake pedal problem on a old Corolla but with my back, I didn't want to hang upside down or twist in to try to reach it either. Surprisingly I had my mechanic fix it and to my surprise it was not expensive. I know the problem had nothing to do with sound then.

Reply to
Observer