2010 Civic: 70K Service Really A Thing?

Hi,
I'm going to a Honda Dealer Monday for an oil chance ( B 1 in the manual ). My car has about 67K on it. The clerk tried to sell me on something ca
lled a 70K Mile Service. This place always finds more things to do than w hat is in the manual. Is 70K Mile Service really a thing? Do I need to ge t it?
Thanks
Steve
On 2016-07-13 19:42:26 +0000, Steve said:

Read my lips:
What.
Does.
Your.
Owner's.
Manual.
Say.
And why would you do anything else?
Maintain it to manufacturer's specifications, and repair it as needed.
Consider that the dealer is an independent businessman who wants to make money. So he makes up some gobbledygook about a "70K mile service" and ropes in some rubes.
Warning: while Honda has installed the Maintenance Minder, some dealership service departments are putting out their own information about what they do for each type of maintenance that shows up on the Minder. And while it includes what the owner's manual says, it also includes a bunch more of upsell.
So never tell the dealer, "I need B1 maintenance." That's not nearly specific enough. Try, "I need the factory specificed B1 maintenance." Or better yet, look up the B1 maintenance yourself and simply ask the dealer or other repair shop to do those specific items by name, and don't tell them a simple "B1".