2010 Civic: Car Bras & Bumper Buddies: Worth it?

Page 1 of 2
Hi;
I recently bought a new Civic.
I have been thinking about buying a car bra and a rear bumper protector. Are these devices worth it? If so, would anyone care
to give a personal recommendation. Google shows that there are quite a few. I would be interested in hearing about someone's personal experience with such devices.

Problem with a car bra is you really need to remove it and clean under it every so often lest they end up doing more harm than good.

What problems does leaving a car bra on cause? How often should it be removed?
Steve

Chips paint; wears paint away in spots; promotes rust; causes uneven paint-fading.

Correctly, it's only supposed to be on the car when the car is being driven. It is supposed to be removed after the drive, but nobody does that.
My personal opinion is that these things should never be used, period.
--
Tegger

Thanks for the tip.

I seem to remember one of the companies saying that you had to remove the bra when it was wet to avoid damaging the paint job.

I recommend removing any bra you run across. Any bra.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The RMS Titanic sank on April 15th.
:

Even Janet Napolitano's?
--
Tegger

AAAAHHHHHH....the nightmares!!!!!!!
J.L.Hemmer wrote:

It could be worse... Mighta mentioned Madelyn Allbright..
JT
On Fri, 07 May 2010 19:21:41 -0500, Grumpy AuContraire

OK, OK....now my weekend is ruined!!!
J.L.Hemmer wrote:

Heh heh... Remember, age, experience and treachery will always triumph over youthful exuberance!
JT
On Sat, 08 May 2010 19:21:16 -0500, Grumpy AuContraire

J.L.Hemmer wrote:

You're almost ten years behind!
JT

Okay!! I'll try to catch you......!!!!
JL
On 05/09/10 20:29, J.L.Hemmer wrote:

Dream on, junior! :)
Oery will always triumph

Damn!!....I've been out-geezered!!!! :-)
On 05/11/10 21:36, J.L.Hemmer wrote:

LOL <wheeeze>

Crap gets under it and as the bra shifts it acts like sand paper on your finish. How often depends on how much crap and how much movement.
Not worth it to me. Too much work.

Agreed. It is always nice to get better results by NOT spending more money :)

I recommend a hood edge protector. Saves from stone chips.