2010 Civic LX: Keeping It Clean

Hi;

I have a black 2010 Civic LX. I bought it last April after having had a 1991 Civic for 11 years. My last car I wasn't too concerned about keeping it super duper clean. I would hose it off at the self- serve car wash and vacuum it out once in a while.

I really like my new car and would like to keep it looking good.

It seems like no matter what I do, when I wash it, I always get spots on the car when I am done. I think it might be how I am drying it. Any tips?

How do I clean the inside ( rough surface plastic dashboard that collects dust ) easily?

I've seen a lot of products online for keeping a car clean in between visits to the car wash. Are any of them worth it?

Thanks

Reply to
steve

I have a black CRV and always go over it with a chamois leather to dry it. That seems to leave it looking good.

Reply to
Tinkerer

steve wrote in news:d228e8e7-95ec-4c3d-a214- snipped-for-privacy@r40g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

I use ordinary terry-cloth towels, and lots of them, so they don't get saturated. You lay the towel flat on the body panel, then drag it by its two front corners.

Then a final rub-down with another dry towel to get rid of any smear marks.

That was one of Honda's dumber idea, I have to say. It does cut down on glare, but couldn't they have come up with a design that wasn't such a dust-trap?

I don't know what I'd use, but I'm thinking a soft brush, plain water and a terry-cloth towel for drying.

Never use anything but plain water when cleaning any automotive vinyls.

Never tried them, so can't comment.

Reply to
Tegger