2010 CR-V low tire indicator

Ok, I got the low tire indicator on my CR-V and now I put air into all of them = 34 psi per my gage when the outside temp was 56 F. I haven't driven it yet since putting in the air. Max tire pressure says not to exceed 40psi and these are the stock tires= Bridgestone Dueler H/T 470 size 225/65R17 's. Tread has only 650 miles on it.

I know the manual says to bring it back to the dealer if the low tire indicator doesn't respond so that makes me ask.... how many driven miles should it take to respond? If outside temps matter, I'm guessing around 60 F degrees.

Reply to
Doug

It's been a few weeks, but I'd guess soon after driving, maybe within 2 miles. My Light came on after owning the 2011 Fit for 8 months. All 4 tires were within 6 pounds under the normal 32 psi. The spare was 15 pounds under the normal 60 psi. Dealer inspection's a crock :-(

Reply to
Dan Wenz

Thanks Dan. I wish I measured my tires before putting in the air but that's a moot point now. I'll try to drive it around town today. I didn't do my spare as it's not a part of the low tire indicator per the manual. Thanks again for the help.

Reply to
Doug

You're welcome, but check the spare just in case :-)

Reply to
Dan Wenz

On my 08 Fit, after adjusting the tire pressures; the light went back off immediately after starting the car.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Not for them, it's not. They got paid

Did they at least clean the glass and remove the plastic protectors from the interior as they were "dealer prepping it" [which means attaching their dealership logo crap to YOUR car]?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Unquestionably Confused wrote in news:4eebf0d2$0$17284$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreader.readnews.com:

When I bought my first,86 Prelude,the dealer stuck on his namebadge,and I saw it,went back inside,and made him remove it while the glue was still fresh.

I'll tolerate a license plate frame with a dealer name on it,but no stickers/badges,please and thank you. I'd prefer the car not have ANY badges on it. (I'm not fond of chrome,either...) On my Acura Integra GS-R,theives first took the GS-R plate,than a couple of years later,someone took the Acura name and symbol badges off the trunk lid,gouging up the paint in the process. If they had asked,I've have GIVEN them the badges.They're just one more thing to clean and wax around,dirt collectors. If they must,they can mold their brand name in the bumper covers and plastic trim....

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Way back when, mid-70s, my brother bought a new Corolla from the local Toyota dealer.

As was their practice, they put a sticker--a sticker, dammit--right on the metal part of the bumper.

He saw that when he went to pick up the car, and he told them he didn't buy a car with their sticker on it, so they'd have to fix that--and removing the sticker wasn't the answer, because that would damage the bumper.

He made them put on a new bumper (well, I presume they just switched with a car that didn't yet have the sticker on it).

It was a bit of a fight, but he wasn't going to sign the papers otherwise.

Just remember, in a sales game, you own the ultimate tool: your feet.

But you lose that tool the very moment you sign ze papers.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote

When I got my very first car (ok, my parents bought it for me), I specified to the dealer "NO [dealer] EMBLEM." Back then it was a nice chrome piece that required two holes drilled into the back of the trunk in order to insert the above referenced emblem. No thank you. Yes, the car was delivered without the emblem.

Reply to
Howard Lester

There's a monstrous Ford dealer around here that sticks a huge barn-door-sized emblem on the trunklid or back of every vehicle. The salesdroids swear that they can't make it so the emblem is NOT on the car; that's done right after the car comes off the truck. The best they can do is remove the emblem prior to delivery.

Not good enough.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9FBE7A80820ADjyaniklocalnetcom@216.168.3.44:

My stupid dealer did the same damned thing, even though I very specifically asked the salesman to tell the PDI guy NOT to put a dealer-sticker on the car. Not only did he put a sticker on the car anyway, he put it on crooked. I pulled it off myself after leaving the dealer's lot. Luckily it came off cleanly.

I live in a semi-rural area, and I had the same thing happen. For a couple of years we had a group (of idiot teenage boys, I'm certain, although the word "idiot" is superfluous when it comes to "teenage boys") that seemed to delight in such petty vandalism. This eventually completely stopped, so I guess the dummies are either in jail now, or have grown up a bit.

Reply to
Tegger

NO for clean the glass :-(

Reply to
Dan Wenz

I filled my 4 tires to 34 psi and I'd say the low tire indicator light went out in less than 100 feet driving. I forgot to check the spare tire but will. That's always a good idea.

Reply to
Doug