2010 Fit Keys

A few months ago, I purchased a new 2010 Honda Fit Sports Model.

I need a third key for the car. I emailed my salesman and he told me it would cost $120.00 for a third key.

Can anyone here tell me if there are better options?

Regards,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

Key blank is available on Ebay right now for under $20 shipped.

You'll then need to find a local locksmith who can not only cut the key, but also program the key to your car. Many locksmiths now have the equipment to do it.

If you can find one who will do that for under $100, you're ahead of the game.

$120 sounds about right for a dealer. But you can do it for less.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Needed extra keys for 2006 Civic which I bought about a year ago. Best deal I could find was:

Buy blank key on Ebay $20

Local Honda Dealer $15 to cut each key $52 to program a group of keys (any number)

Ask for quotes from several dealers, I found a wide range in pricing.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie