2010 Honda Civic coupe A/C problem

I've noticed when I start up my 2010 Honda Civic Coupe and turn on the A/C, the air coming out of the vents refuses to cool down to the proper temperature, even after prolonged driving. It's somewhat cool, but not
cool enough.
But if I turn the temp knob all the way to "hot" (red) and then back to "cool" (blue), the air then cools down to a very chilly proper temperature.
Evidently cycling the temp knob back and forth forces the A/C air to get colder.
Any ideas why this happens?
-- Steven L.
"Steven L." wrote
But if I turn the temp knob all the way to "hot" (red) and then back to "cool" (blue), the air then cools down to a very chilly proper temperature.
Evidently cycling the temp knob back and forth forces the A/C air to get colder.
Any ideas why this happens?
No, but maybe your dealer knows and can fix it for free -- assuming the car is still under warranty. Any special reason why you're asking here rather than a Honda service dept?

You know, I bet he hasn't even bothered to crack his owner's manual. After all, he knows how to drive!