2010 Honda Civic: What Battery Do I Get For The Key Fob

2010 Honda LX Sedan

Hi all,

The battery for key fob is dying, again.

I don't want to go to a dealership just for this. It occurred to me I can do it myself by ordering a cheap set of tiny screw drivers from Amazon.

My question is, what kind of battery do I get?

I don't mind spending a little extra for a longer lasting battery. Any recommendations?

Thanks much

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Cheap screwdrivers with slip/burr and strip the screw sending you to a locksmith or the dealer. Spend a few bucks more and get a decent set.

Reply to
Aldo Raine

I went to the dealer for mine, and the parts window charged me like $3 for the battery, which of course they had in stock, and they installed it for free.

... best service I've ever gotten there, though they've done me a favor or two over the years!

J.

Reply to
JRStern