2011 Fit Low Tire Pressure Light

Although, unfortunately, I haven't been keeping track, my Fit low pressure warning light will come on when at least one tire shows about a six pound pressure loss. The other day, as has happened periodically in
the past, I found that all of the tires were 5-6 pounds low.
I've never owned a car with as small a tire as the Fit, and wonder whether such losses are typical of small tires within 2-3 months of previous restoration of pressure to 32 lbs. Our 2004 Toyota Camry never loses more than a couple of pounds over the same period, or, for that matter, any of the cars I've owned since my first new car, a '54 Ford.
On 12/5/2013 8:37 AM, Dan Wenz wrote:

Sometime alloys rims are more prone to slow leaks than steel. Have any of the previous cars had alloy rims?

My first thought as well. My experience with two different EM1s (99-00 Civic Si) with the standard 15" alloys: at a factory-recommended pressure of 35 psi, over a 2-3 month period after last pressure check, it was not uncommon for the tires to lose 5 or even 10 psi. I rarely let it go that long, however, as I was usually in the habit of checking and adjusting pressures a couple of times a month.

Boyle's gas law says that when the temperature goes down the pressure of a gas in a confined volume goes down proportionately. If the air temperature drops 15% your tire pressure will also drop 15%.
They used to teach basic physics in high school but that his been replaced with diversity training and gay and lesbian studies.

Well...sort of. Temperature is in degrees Kelvin. So a temperature drop of 15% on the Kelvin scale is about a 45F drop at 100F.

Ah, you beat me to it---except that I work in digress Rankin. Using the standard day (520 R or 60F) going from 60F to 30 F would be approx a 6% change. So if the tire measured 35 psi (50 psia) at 60F then you would expect to measure 32 psig (47 psia) at 30F. So what is perceived as a loss in tire pressure is just nature doing it's thing. MLD