2013 Accord lease prices seem impossible

Going through first negotitations with four local dealers, and apparently the 2013 Accords are currently going full boat, so an EXL is about $460/month including tax.

That's up from about $290/month for my current (2010) EX.

Explanation seems to be (a) full list or higher, and (b) full 4.9% on lease rather than humongous discounts on leftover 2012s.

Who do they think they are kidding at $460/month? I can get a BMW 328 lease for not much more. When they run out of 2012s in about two weeks, are they really going to wait until sales zero out?

... if it's just a 90 day deal I can extend my current lease for 90 days, but buzz seems to be it will be more than six months, so I'm actually better off getting a new 2012 for a year and trading it early, it seems.

Comments?

J.

Reply to
JRStern

What irritates me is the "dealer installed options" they try to add to the list price. It's the usual stuff like vehicle protection for a $1000.00 etc. But, since I have no intention of trading my S2000 or my 06 Accord coupe I4 they can do whatever they want.

[...]

tww1491

(that's the 9% California sales tax)

One dealer has offered a better price, about $400/month even including tax. Better, but still high. I wonder how much of that 5% lease rate is recoverable by negotiations?

I'm just not used to dickering anymore. Last *four* cars I bought via Internet requests, were bought at advertised or offered prices, and though I kept checking the prices after, they all seemed good deals.

THIS time, coming in through the Internet is getting me nothing. One dealer did not even respond to the request via the Honda web site, apparently nobody is home to that channel.

Remaining 2012s are mostly going super-cheap, but the only color anyone seems to have is black!

J.

Reply to
JRStern