2013 Accord now on Honda USA site

On the EX-L, wtf does "leather-trimmed seats" mean? Are they leather, or not? I'm looking at the EX-L for the electronics, lane and forward collision tricks.

The cars don't weigh any less, so I don't believe the improved mileage figures at all. CVT? Yeah right.

And the front suspension is shifted to Macpherson strut? I thought the A-arm was a big feature.

J.

Reply to
JRStern

On the EX-L, wtf does "leather-trimmed seats" mean? Are they leather, or not? I'm looking at the EX-L for the electronics, lane and forward collision tricks.

The cars don't weigh any less, so I don't believe the improved mileage figures at all. CVT? Yeah right.

And the front suspension is shifted to Macpherson strut? I thought the A-arm was a big feature.

J. Took a quick look at a Accord S sedan and it seemed improved over the previously model -- overall appearance and interior design and quality. The

6 speed manual intrigued me. If it is as good as the 6 speed in my S2000, that would be the way to go -- at least for me. Direct injection is also an improvement. But, I am in no hurry to get rid of my S2000. And, my 06 Accord I4 coupe is barely broken in at 98k.
Reply to
tww1491

Well, I wonder if the dealers will stock any manuals, that's been the sticking point here in Los Angeles for over ten years. Anyway at this point I'm really curious about the CVTs.

One other question, the sport model lists available paddle shifters, but no other sedans, not even as options. Wonder if the dealer can install them anyway?

(Or if the stick has some equivalent option - it does on the BMW 328, it's all drive by wire, feels like a game controller, and can be used as a semi-manual selector)

J.

Reply to
JRStern

cvt's done right are a great system. alien for the first few thousand miles, but very efficient and very reliable.

if you just go in straight lines on freeways, nobody cares. but if you like to actually /drive/ a vehicle, wishbone suspension is a big deal.

anyway, with their killing of wishbones, so dies my interest in hondas. if i'm going to be forced to have macpherson, i'm going with something that at least has some better grunt - vw gti [or tdi] or subaru. or even [cringe] mazda. or if i just want a japanese buick, toyota.

Reply to
jim beam