2013 CR-V Tailgate won't unlock when cold.

When temps are about 20 degrees or less, and we try to release the tailgate, the little button inside the "handle" opening does not want
to activate the electric latch. Or the latch itself is "sticking". It seems if we keep our fingers on the switch and "warm it up", then the latch releases.
If temps are higher, no problem opening tailgate immediately.
There is no external key hole on this model, or dashboard switch. Owner's manual has a procedure to release the lock from inside, but it involves crawling into the cargo area, opening a tiny hatch, and pushing a little lever you can hardly see. Testing this method, if needed, has been unsuccessful. (And what if cargo area is full ? )
Anybody else have this problem, or a better alternate release method ?
On 1/26/2015 6:50 AM, Retired wrote:

You have the Florida version. Take it back.
"a better alternate" would be to take your less than 2 year old CR-V to any Honda service department and have it fixed under warranty. Why would you search for an "alternate" when it can be fixed correctly at no cost to you? Generally speaking, service departments love this type of work - it's easy, profitable (they bill Honda), and makes customers happy.
On 1/26/2015 6:50 AM, Retired wrote:

On 1/27/15 10:58 AM, Al wrote:

One major concern re taking to dealer is the problem may not happen while there, and they will send us away with no fix until if or when it fails completely.
Was hoping to get any feedback that this a common problem (or not) that a dealer would replace something right away, even without seeing it fail. (Like maybe a "hidden recall" ?)
Also asking if there was a "secret" release method we were not aware of.

Call the dealer and ask.
On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 11:46:54 UTC-5, Retired wrote:

I have had this problem on my 2013 Honda CR-V for some time. All the dealer has done so far is lube the latch. The problem just comes back when it get s cold again. I think this is a defect that needs to be addressed. I hope m ore people respond with this issue so they will resolve under warranty or n ot.