2030 Accord - caliper bolt turning direction

Hello,
Trying to change front pads on the 2003 Accord... caliper bolt is stuck dead. Just to verify... on the left side, to losen I turn clockwise
(which would be counter-clockwise if looking from under the car).
Righty?
P.S. Sorry for crossposting.
righty tighty lefty loosey... :)
It would seem backwards from the perspective of facing the fender of the car.
Use some penetrating oil (don't get any on your barke disc or pads)
Miha wrote:

loewent via CarKB.com wrote:

After a few bad experiences stripping few key bolts... just double-checking.
So, when facing the caliper from the outside, it is to the right to loosen, correct?
Miha wrote:

I've never heard of caliper bolts being left hand thread. Only a driver side AXEL hub nut would be left hand thread.
So counter clockwise to loosen. I thought that there was just a smaller bolt to remove to SWING the caliper up to R & R the pads.
Alan wrote:

Unless things have changed recently, the only left hand threaded fasteners that I'm aware of on a Honda are inside the transmission. Everything else is right hand threaded, i.e., tightens clockwise and loosens counter-clockwise.
Eric
Including that confounded crank pulley bolt... NOT reverse thread.... :)
Eric wrote:

Except if you own one of these, http://www.accoutrements.com/products/10570.html . Then you can throw that whole clockwise thing out the window...

That sounds right. I don't usually get confused, but when doing really contorted things I like to set up a ratchet to loosen, then put it on the fastener to see which way it resists.
Mike

Do you mean the slide pins?
They unscrew the usual way.
Use a 6-point socket and a long extension. It will crack loose.
You must live in the Rust Belt.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ