2030 Accord - caliper bolt turning direction

Hello,

Trying to change front pads on the 2003 Accord... caliper bolt is stuck dead. Just to verify... on the left side, to losen I turn clockwise (which would be counter-clockwise if looking from under the car).

Righty?

P.S. Sorry for crossposting.

Reply to
Miha

righty tighty lefty loosey... :)

It would seem backwards from the perspective of facing the fender of the car.

Use some penetrating oil (don't get any on your barke disc or pads)

Miha wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

After a few bad experiences stripping few key bolts... just double-checking.

So, when facing the caliper from the outside, it is to the right to loosen, correct?

Reply to
Miha

I've never heard of caliper bolts being left hand thread. Only a driver side AXEL hub nut would be left hand thread.

So counter clockwise to loosen. I thought that there was just a smaller bolt to remove to SWING the caliper up to R & R the pads.

Reply to
Alan

Unless things have changed recently, the only left hand threaded fasteners that I'm aware of on a Honda are inside the transmission. Everything else is right hand threaded, i.e., tightens clockwise and loosens counter-clockwise.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

Except if you own one of these,

Then you can throw thatwhole clockwise thing out the window...

Reply to
Eric

That sounds right. I don't usually get confused, but when doing really contorted things I like to set up a ratchet to loosen, then put it on the fastener to see which way it resists.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Miha wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Do you mean the slide pins?

They unscrew the usual way.

Use a 6-point socket and a long extension. It will crack loose.

You must live in the Rust Belt.

Reply to
TeGGeR®