2nd update re: brake warning light

Well everybody, anyone want to guess what the problem was? *the* *alternator* !!!!!!! Instead of installing new bushes and other suggested parts, I just put in a
new one--it was really all that expensive. After all, the car is 17 years old
So, the car was there for 2 days while they checked out all sorts of stuff and it now runs great. Thanks to all of you guys...you all really helped me to intelligently discuss the problem--I can't thank you enough
Take care you all!!! loner