4" Bolt on muffler for a Del Sol

I am thinking or replacing the stock muffler with a 4" Bolt On Stainless Steel Muffler. The stock muffler tail pipe is 2 1/2 inch. The replacement is 4" dia tail pipe.

Any unintended consequenses I need to worry about?

Thanks.

DelSolOwner

Reply to
DelSolOwner

DelSolOwner wrote in news:ibhpbv$plj$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet.osg.ufl.edu:

Doesn't your fart-pipe's maker provide adapters?

Whatever you do, I'd advise saving the OEM muffler for later use: It costs $500 new.

Reply to
Tegger

yup, there are unintended consequences. the reason factory doesn't provide 4" pipe is that if the pipe is too big, flow becomes turbulent and unclean. this can cause exhaust back pressure, and thus, lower performance.

its the old conundrum: do you try to look good for when the other guy passes you, or not allow the guy to see what you're driving because he can't get close enough?

Reply to
jim beam