Latest threads in Honda Cars and Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Noisy Brakes
97 CRV 128800. Just had the brakes done with aftermarket parts and the pads were getting stuck and squealing when starting from a light. Had new pads and rotors installed (aftermarket) and the guy...
2
2

Tegger's oil consumption chart: UPDATED
Heavily updated and revised, the emphasis is now on how far the oil level dropped on the stick from start to end of the test period. Until I have more data on the linearity of the drop on the stick,...
3
3

Service B
Hi, I have a Honda Civic 2008 which has been driven for around 23K miles. My oil service and tire rotation have been staggered (i got an oil service done at a Jiffy lube when I was out of town, and...
2
2

EOL-Salvage-Best way to get rid of?
First, a little tribute; My 1992 grey Honda Accord lasted 453,000 miles before it finally died. It took me to work every day for years, and on 15 trips to visit family in Missouri, one road trip from...
4
4

Service Indicator Stuck, Part II
The service indicator's stuck again on my 1991 Accord, at 224K. It's been a couple hundred miles now and it still refuses to reset when the key is pushed into the reset slog. In a couple hundred more,...
19
19

Curious...
I'm not seeing messages in the newsgroup any longer. I don't know if it's at my end, or if a bunch of ISPs decided to drop newgroups at the same time. A response from any of the regulars would be...
80
80

Re: Toyota drags down new-vehicle quality average; Ford leads Detroit 3 gains, J.D. Power says
The problems that may show up early on are the best indicator of overall build quality, but the fact remains ALL vehicles fall within the 2% failure range for ALL manufactured products, that is why...
9
9

Pull Wheels to Inspect Brtakes?
One of the "B" service items on the Maintenance Minder list for my 07 Accord is Inspect Front and Rear Brakes. Do you have to pull the wheels to do that properly?
4
4

Replace front brake rotors on 1991 Accord
Good morning . Is it possible to replace the front brake rotors on a 1991 Accord EX without separating the steering knuckle from the lower control arm? Hopefully I can remove the axle nut, and slide...
7
7

Re: pedants corner: owners manual on honda oil level checking procedure
You sure have a way of generating discussion on a thread....

Re: pedants corner: owners manual on honda oil level checking procedure
Here is what 2006 Chrysler Sebring owners manual states about checking oil: {quote] Checking Oil Level To assure proper lubrication of your vehicle?s engine, the engine oil must be maintained, at the...
5
5

'07 Accord Brake Fluid Change?
According to the Maintenance Minder, my 07' Accord V6 EX-L with 25,000 miles is coming due for a B12 service in Atlanta. I don't need the "2" as I just changed the engine and cabin air filters myself....
12
12

Re: pedants corner: owners manual on honda oil level checking procedure
NOBODY does this. Telling people to check their oil at EVERY fill up is stupid, everyone knows it's stupid so it is ignored. Except by you. Meantime if anyone wants to check their oil first thing in...
4
4

95 Integra: intermittent start problem
1995 Integra GSR 185k miles Periodically the car will not start when I turn the key: there is a quiet hum, no clicking sound. It may start after a couples tries, or I wind up rolling it and popping...
5
5

And now GM goes OTB
Seems that after Toyota screwed the pooch, everybody is doing recalls, and getting on the front page (or nearly so). I guess "the media" needs a little diversion from BP's royal screwing.