48,000KM -2003 CR-V

I know I have to change my brake fluid at 48,000Kms. Is it hard to do? Can I use DOT-3 or do I need original Honda fluid? Finally, one manual says I
should change the rear axle fluid too. Another says it's not necessary until 96,000Kms--which is correct?
Thanks
Nino NoSpam wrote:

Use any DOT 3 you like, but the Dual Pump Fluid only comes from Honda. Your manual is incorrect about the change interval.
The diff fluid should be changed every 30,000 miles or two years. If you turn a tight left-hand turn in a paved parking lot you'll hear a grinding / shuddering noise that sounds like you're dragging one tire sideways. It may sound like it's coming from the front. That's your rear differential telling you that it's time to change the fluid. You can DIY. You need just over one QUART, but a litre is perfect. The manual says so.
'Curly'