Latest threads in Honda Cars and Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

And now GM goes OTB
Seems that after Toyota screwed the pooch, everybody is doing recalls, and getting on the front page (or nearly so). I guess "the media" needs a little diversion from BP's royal screwing.

air conditioning on / off
I was driving this morning using the a/c and remembered what my dad told me many years ago and wondered if that was still good advice. He said that you should turn off the a/c before you turn off the...
10
10

Restored 1920 Dorris K-4 one of the very first RV's
Restored 1920 Dorris K-4 I found it in a barn in Montana. After 4 years and lots of work, my labor of love is 100% restored! The RV of my dreams reaches a top speed of 15 miles per hour, lacks front...

Re: oil level reading - simple logic
This comment got me thinking. What does happen to the dip stick reading solely as a reult of a major temperature change. As a rough model, I assumed a square steel oil pan, with a horizontal surface...
26
26

2005 pilot
have dealer installed trailer hitch but the lead that supplies 12V to the trailer right rear brake lamps is without power. I can only trace the hitch wires to directly under the stowage area in rear...

coolant system corrosion
following from the recent thread on this topic, it seems there are some fundamental misunderstandings out there that need to be cleared up. the first thing to understand is where corrosion comes from...
41
41

SRS light update 2000 Accord 200,000 K
Update - Got the code read and it said faulty driver side seat belt buckle. Over the weekend I replaced it and the SRS light is still on. My next chore is resetting the light and I hope it goes out....
13
13

Re: oil level reading - simple logic
someone raises a hood at a self serve gas station! Imagine this...'cause nobody does it.
9
9

Civic change to timing chain
I've read several threads that mention the change of the Civic to timing chains. Can anyone say the year the Civics changed to timing chains? Thanks!
6
6

DPF filter ? no warning...
Hi I have an CR-V 2007 model (Diesel), and have three times "regenerated" the DPF filter... (all within 100000 km) the funny thing... is that I regularly drive on highway (130km/hour for hours).. so...
1
1

Differences between a 2010 Civic and Elantra
Hello, Right now I have a 2008 Accord EXL and I am thinking of downsizing my lease for the up coming one. I'm going to be re-structuring my investing outlook and need to re-think my finances. I...
42
42

road noise on a 1998 CRV
I brought my crv into my mechanic recently to complain about road noise and turning noise. A hard left turn would cause racket. He test drove my car and said he would look at it. He wound up replacing...
1
1

2008 Accord Check Engine light causes?
Hello, I have a 2008 Accord EXL Sedan Auto. Its got about 28,000 mi on it. I always get the oil changed when needed. Never use inferior gasoline (use Shell and Gulf), didn't have any mods done to it,...
14
14

extended warranty availability
(I searched under "extended warranty" and couldn't find the thread I was looking for.) Does anyone know if the extended Honda warranty is still available?
1
1

Tegger's real-world oil consumption
This was also posted to , but accidentally to the "Diesel" forum. I've asked the moderators to move it to the "Gasoline" forum. My 1991 Acura Integra has (currently) about 343,600 miles on it. At this...
83
83