Latest threads in Honda Cars and Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Repairing door lock actuator
Good morning! The L/H front door lock actuator on my 1991 Accord is broken. I removed it hoping that the problem would be dirty contacts. Instead, I found a tiny spring had broken through its plastic...
3
3

Toyota's electronic throttle, and..
...just why Sudden Unintended Acceleration is virtually impossible. The author does not mention it, but the NHTSA closely regulates the design of the electronic throttle and its firmware. It is, by...
22
22

The vultures are gathering
"As lawsuits over Toyota acceleration problems multiply, more than 150 attorneys gathered to sharpen their legal tools Wednesday on the eve of a major federal court hearing on whether dozens of cases...
1
1

Good troubleshooting chart/instructions?
Honda Experts, Where can I find a good basic/overview troubleshooting chart for my car? I have a 97 Civic LX, with 220,000 miles. Yesterday it wouldn't start. It does turn over normally. I was getting...
20
20

2011 Honda Pilot is out
That was fast. It's only March. We bought a 2010 and the dealer had no idea what the 2011 would look like. Turns out to be about the same...

Honda cars less dependable than Toyotas?
At least according to the latest dependability study by J. D.Powers and Associates. Porsche, Ford's Lincoln and GM's Buick earned the top 3 spots, respectively. Toyota and its Lexus is 4th. Honda...
71
71

honda coolant temps sensor problem - redux
i've had a persistent low-grade problem on my 89 civic which i now think i've cured and want to post for the archive. i think it's important because i had been diagnosing it as a sensor problem, and...

how to change the tps on a honda
the throttle position sensor [tps] on a honda throttle body is usually very reliable. but on high mileage vehicles, they can fail, and the honda recommended repair is replacing the whole throttle body...
1
1

98 Civic Heater Blower Fan Noise
My '98 civic will be humming along with the blower fan on and all of a sudden it will make a gawd-awful noise like something is stuck in the fan. I pulled the fan and operated it out of its housing...

Re: 91 Civic AC Wiring
Now that spring is here and this issue has become more of a problem, I've had a chance to revisit. There's an open circuit between the ECU and the high pressure switch. I'm positive of this. There's a...
5
5

Honda recall of odyssey and element for brake pedal mushiness
so wassup with this? sounds like the master cylinders from the 1980s/1990s. do these lines use different brake components than the Accords or Civics of the same year, or the odyssey/elements of other...
3
3

CRX Sputter and Stumble then smooths out...
1988 CRX DX. No mods. Car randomly has fits of stumbling/rough idle. When this happens at idle it also happens in any gear...but only in the early part of acceleration in any gear. Push through the...
13
13

Honda Accord 03 Coupe Radio (CD Button Does not work)
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem before? My 2003 Honda Accord Ex Coupe is having a odd problem, and after doing some research I noticed many of the 03 accords had...

Re: Toyota says no evidence 'runaway' Prius happened
see, you're representative of the public at large. You can't possibly imagine that a Prius could behave like every other car in the world--even though you've never owned or driven one. The driver can...
150
150

radio rds not happening
Here in Los Angeles, as of a few days ago, the rds on my Accord 2010 FM radio stopped showing song titles and artists on KROQ 106.7 and JACK-FM 93.1. Other stations still work correctly. On these KROQ...
6
6