Latest threads in Honda Cars and Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: 98 Civic Check Engine Light
I will be re-reading the codes this weekend, I'll post them as soon as possible! Thank you guys.

Re: Why does the auto industry turn out such crap??
That brings to mind all the sludged up Toyota engines.
6
6

Re: President Obama Plans To Can Bush's CAFE Standards! But Why Wasn't CAFE Part Of The Auto Makers' Bailout Agreements?
"Michael Pardee" wrote in news:uLydnXsYIdpXsRzUnZ2dnUVZ the chart you cite doesn't mean anything because after CAFE was enacted,the LOOPHOLE excluding SUV's/light trucks enabled vehicle buyers to keep...

Re: Motor mounts on 2000 Odyssey EX
Make sure they are testing the mounts per the OEM service manual. The mounts are oil filled active mounts. The front is controlled by an electronic/vacuum circuit. If they are just looking at the...

Re: 2008 mileage logs
Your MPG seems on the high side, per (not sure exactly which sub-model of Civic you have, so it is hard to say more). You must be doing something right with maintenance, driving style, etc. :-)

Re: Hood Release Won't Release Hood
"Derek Lawler" wrote in news:AA47l.1227$ you might be able to make a wire hook and go under the front bumper to snag the hood release latch or it's cable nearer to the latch. That is one way thieves...

Re: 95 Odyssey- heater cable and starter
tp:// One other obvious question that I don't see anyone has brought up -- how old is the battery? Seeing as how you've got resistance when you try to start it (lights dim), its pretty much got to be...

Re: Where is fuel filter on 2001 Accord EX Automatic ?
ok, there is something to be said for preempting idiot mechanics that can't diagnose a basic problem like this, but then again, maybe not. when i went to vehicle tech classes, we'd be given bench...

Re: 1990 civic quits occasionally
michael moorman wrote in news:Xns9B7E7BFA13447mpmoormanyahoocom@216.168.3.70: Do the dash lights come on when the car dies?
2
2

Re: Frozen car door lock
"Michael Pardee" wrote in news:c92dnXZhULkOvM3UnZ2dnUVZ When I sad WD-40 "reeks", I meant it REEKS. It STINKS. It SMELLS BAD. Surely they could have made the stuff smell less like an oil well? Don't...

Re: Brake lock-up
ralbach wrote in news: I like good news. Thanks for the update. Until you're /ready/ to turn it, that is. The only way to adjust the pushrod freeplay is to turn the pushrod and the Adjusting Nut, but...

Re: Frozen car door lock
" " wrote in news: Is the weather flap broken and hanging open? It's water that has migrated inside the lock and frozen there. You need to displace the water (don't use WD-40; that stuff reeks)....
1
1

Re: New Catalytic Converter
"Howard Lester" wrote in news:NbKdnaAWIZhU5dDUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.dakotacomip: All right, assuming NOx and CO2 are unavailable, I can think of a few things off the top of my head. This...

Re: Frozen car door lock
Start with Lock Ease (liquid graphite) found at Wal Mart and similar stores. Follow the directions on the bottle. The lock would likely also benefit from a good cleaning. It is a pretty easy DIY job....

Re: seatbelt beep/chime
I think it would be a good idea to add more bells, chimes, and maybe some whistles. If you get enough of them and make enough she will fasten the seat belt and then it will be very quiet also she will...