800,000 mile 1984 Honda

Page 2 of 2
Michael Pardee wrote:

No no, you're thinking of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" :)
Virus Database (VPS): 0522-6, 06/01/2005

Mike
Jason wrote:

If I recall correctly, I had a '79 Accord hatchback some years ago that had xxx,xxxx.x odometer.
4.6M kil (2.85M) miles.
Kiss it. Nothing beats the old mercedes diesel.
http://www.whnet.com/4x4/diesel.html
A little while ago, wasn't there a Toyota Corolla on the Letterman show that was about to turn One Million miles? They brought it on the show, and drove it around the block a few times to show on tv the millionth mile.

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

My Dad bought an '81 Dodge pickup brand new (with the old Dodge Slant-6, one of the most durable engines ever made), and retired it in '87 with just over 450,000km (just over 281,000 miles). That's pushing 75,000km (around 48,000 miles) per year - he travelled almost weekly from working in Vancouver to our place near 100 Mile House in the Southern Interior, about 500km north, and worked now and then in places such as Prince George (another 400km north) and Fort St. John (yet another 450km north).
He probably would still be driving it, but the body was getting too beat up, the frame was cracked, and after my sister ran it dry of oil, it was drinking a 4-liter jug every time it made the Van-CMile trip, not to mention the hideous noise made by the timing chain rubbing inside its metal cover.
Virus Database (VPS): 0522-6, 06/01/2005