84 Accord and it's clutch

Greetings, I just bought an 84 Accord for my daughter and the cluch doesn't engage until the top of the pedal travel. Someone at work told he he thinks
the 84 has a cable and can be adjusted, otherwise it needs a new clutch. I can't take it to my favorite shop until my next visit to Knoxville so I thought I'd look here for advice.
thanks, steve
Add pictures here
âś–

I think this one is just like the cabled Civics and Integras.
There should be a large black plastic nut at the engine end of the clutch cable. You pull the cable to raise the nut off its stopper, then spin the nut up the shaft with your thumb until 3/16" clearance is obtained.
If it's been left too long, you will have difficulty pulling the cable up so as to disengage the nut from its rubber stop. If this is the case, post back here. There's a workaround.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Thanks for the suggestion!!! I'll take a look and see!
steve
Add pictures here
âś–