86 Accord Cant adjust idle

Hello All, My 86 accrd is idling too high (1200 RPM).

I have the fueld injected 2.0 L engine in an Accord LXi

I began doing the idle adjustment on the throttle body (after disconnecting and plugging the hose between the intake manifold and the idle control soenoid valve).

Initially, the screw was very loose (barely hanging on). As I screwed the screw into the throttle body, I was waiting for the idle speed to change. It never did.

I screwed the adjustmnt screw all the way in with no difference in the idle speed.

Any ideas on what could be causing the adjustment screw to have no effect on the idle speed?

Thanks for any ideas!

Reply to
Tomas Vera

You got a tiger by the tail. I'd look for a vacuum leak or binding on the throttle cable. The list of possibilities is very long. Good Luck! bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob