86 Accord loss of power

Recently while driving at normal highway speeds, the car will suddenly "lose" power, rpms will drop from about 3000 to 1000....lasts about 2
seconds, and resume normally. Then a couple minutes later it will do it again. This will continue until the car is parked and let set for a while. When it happens, it's feels like you reached down and turned off the ignition, except all electrical items continue. There is not any chugging, misfiring, unusual sounds.....just loss of power. The car has about 160K, excellent maintenance. It is carburated, and automatic transmission. Any suggestions as to where to start?
Try looking at the Exhaust Gas Recyle (EGR) system. My 91 Accord did exactly what you describe until I had the EGR ports cleaned out.
Alternative source of problem could be the Ignitor in the distributor.
I do not know that 86 and 91 engines are similar so these may not be the solutions for your 86 Accord.
Robert Pettit wrote:

My 1988 Prelude had loss of power and trouble accelerating. The problem was intermittent. I changed the spark plug wires and now it runs like a new car. Give it a try!