86 timing belt

My timing belt snapped while I was driving. While I know it's probably a death knell for my valves I still want to change the belt to go through the motions however I've run into some snags.
I know how to setup the alignment properly when there is a timing belt on but how do I align everything when there's no belt?
rbrooks wrote:

before you invest your time & money, check the valve clearances. if any are way out, you've bent a valve.

Align the camshaft marks to the head with the word "UP" up.
http://square.cjb.cc/images/cammarks.gif
Align the pointer to the white dot on the flywheel (Accord) or the pulley (Civic.) The white dot is usually marked with a T next to it.
http://www.lotuselancentral.com/images/repair/marks.gif