86 timing belt

My timing belt snapped while I was driving. While I know it's probably a death knell for my valves I still want to change the belt to go through the motions however I've run into some snags.

I know how to setup the alignment properly when there is a timing belt on but how do I align everything when there's no belt?

Reply to
rbrooks

before you invest your time & money, check the valve clearances. if any are way out, you've bent a valve.

Reply to
jim beam

Align the camshaft marks to the head with the word "UP" up.

Align the pointer to the white dot on the flywheel (Accord) or the pulley (Civic.) The white dot is usually marked with a T next to it.

Burt S.