87 Accord DX - Cigarette Lighter Socket Does Not Work

Last winter I plugged a small car heater into the cigarette socket. It was brand new, but defective, and as it's fan motor ground to a halt (literally), I assumed to
the fuse to the cigarette lighter had also blown due to the (stalled/shorting) fan motor (as the cigarette lighter no longer gets hot when pushed in). I've tested all the fuses both in the engine compartment and under the driver's side dashboard, and all are ok. The dome light works ok, but there's still no power to the cigarette socket. Is there an in-line fuse somewhere else to this socket, or did the defective heater also damage the socket / feeder wiring? Any suggestions of what to test/try next are appreciated. Thanks! Ken