87 prelude leaking oil

Hi All
87 prelude 5 spd 1.8L side draft dual carbs with 220000kms on it. Noticed an oil leak about a week ago, its dripping from somewhere on the front passenger
side, and drips onto a cross member and some onto the exhaust, creating a burning smell.
Checked the valve cover seal today, seemed fine, no imperfections. I did not replace it, but did put a bead of silicone around it.
The oil also looks like it could be coming from where the head and the block mate. I assume this would be indicative of a head gasket failure. However, would this diagnosis not also include several other symptoms? ie coolant in the oil, oil in the coolant, losing coolant for no reason, etc etc?
Also, where is the PCV valve on this thing? I couldn't find it amongst all the mess of vacuum hoses for the carburation system. I assume it has one though, even if its not fuel injected? I thought maybe it would be plugged, causing excess pressure in the valve cover or crankcase which could bring on the oil leak.
Any ideas?
Thanks Terry
PS, after working on this car a bit, my hands do smell like antifreeze. hmmm.
Oh ya, and I also cleaned the oil covered part of the motor with degreaser, I will check it tomorrow to see if the leak is any more obvious.