87 prelude steering

Hi there,
got an 87 prelude with NO Power steering. Its really annoying. So, my questions:
1. Am I missing something in the maintenance which is making it harder than it should be to
turn the steering wheel? I have the tires inflated to the correct pressure.
2. Is there such a thing as installing power steering? Or an electric power assist for when trying to manouver in parking lots?
Thanks t

Wide tires noticably increase steering effort, as would underinflation (which you have ruled out). Otherwise, a savvy aligner can do wonders for you. Understand that there is a trade-off between steering ease and highway stability, but within those limitations the steering can be lightened significantly. Ask friends for recommendations, and if they don't have any ask places on the phone if they can decrease your steering effort. You will know by what they say if they are up to it.
Mike