'88 4WD wagon -- "disengage"?

I just purchased a 1988 4WD 5-door 6-speed wagon with 1.6L to use as a utility/camping vehicle, and noticed on the operator's visor a caution to "disengage" the "Real-Time" 4WD if one end of the vehicle is raised for any service that requires rotating the wheels, yet I can find no such control to engage or disengage the 4WD on demand.

Can someone tell me how to observe this caution please?

Reply to
Patrick

for many 4wd's, "disengage" means "unbolt" and this is done before towing. not certain about this vehicle though - is there a problem that you're trying to fix?

this is a fine vehicle btw. highly utilitarian.

Reply to
jim beam

The driveshaft to the rear wheels has to be disconnected.

If you want more answers look for the civic wagon mailing list.

-SP

Patrick wrote:

Reply to
Speedy Pete