'88 4WD wagon -- "disengage"?

I just purchased a 1988 4WD 5-door 6-speed wagon with 1.6L to use as a utility/camping vehicle, and noticed on the operator's visor a caution to "disengage" the "Real-Time" 4WD if one end of the vehicle is raised for any
service that requires rotating the wheels, yet I can find no such control to engage or disengage the 4WD on demand.
Can someone tell me how to observe this caution please?
Patrick wrote:

for many 4wd's, "disengage" means "unbolt" and this is done before towing. not certain about this vehicle though - is there a problem that you're trying to fix?
this is a fine vehicle btw. highly utilitarian.
The driveshaft to the rear wheels has to be disconnected.
If you want more answers look for the civic wagon mailing list.
-SP